Colgate® Sensitive Pro-Relief™ Desensitizing Paste (Rx, In-office Treatment)
Clinically proven to provide rapid dentin hypersensitivity relief1
Reference: 1. Schiff T, et al. Am J Dent. 2009;22(Spec Iss A):8A-15A.
Hydrated Silica, Calcium Carbonate, Glycerin, Water, Bicarbonate, Flavor, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Saccharin, FD&C Blue No. 1.
The Pro-Argin™ Technology plugs and seals exposed dentin tubules that cause sensitivity pain.
- Instant and lasting sensitivity relief after just 1 application
- Rapid relief that lasts 4 weeks after a single application
- Can be used for instant sensitivity relief and removal of light surface stains
Colgate® Sensitive Pro-Relief™ Desensitizing Paste is a desensitizing paste that provides instant sensitivity relief after just 1 application. The Pro-Argin™ Technology effectively plugs and seals open dentin tubules when polished into teeth with a rotary cup.
Colgate® Sensitive Pro-Relief™ Desensitizing Paste contains hydrated silica, calcium carbonate, glycerin, arginine, water, bicarbonate, flavor, cellulose gum, sodium saccharin, FD&C blue no.1(CI 42090).
Indications and Usage
Colgate® Sensitive Pro-Relief™ Desensitizing Paste is to be used for the management of sensitive teeth, and for polishing procedures as part of professional prophylaxis treatment. It is a tubule occluding agent designed for professional application with a rotary cup during standard dental practice hygiene procedures.
To be determined by the dental professional for the treatment of dentin hypersensitivity.
Directions for Use
- Place enough desensitizing paste for one procedure in a clean dappen dish or other suitable container (when dispensing from tube).
- Fill a rotary cup with desensitizing paste and run rotary cup at low to moderate speed to apply.
- Polish product into each tooth, in particular to sites with potential or actual dentin hypersensitivity symptoms (can be applied to entire dentition). Apply product to sensitive areas for 3 seconds, then repeat.
NOTE: Throughout procedure, sufficient paste should be maintained on the cup to avoid overheating of the tooth surface. Saliva evacuation is recommended to avoid excess dilution and swallowing of the paste.
Colgate® Sensitive Pro-Relief™ Desensitizing Paste is contraindicated in patients with a known allergy to any of the components.
Colgate® Sensitive Pro-Relief™ Desensitizing Paste may cause eye irritation upon contact. If contact with eyes occurs, immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for 15 minutes. Seek medical attention if irritation or discomfort persists.
Colgate® Sensitive Pro-Relief™ Desensitizing Paste should be used only by individuals professionally trained to perform dental prophylaxis. During use, wear protective glasses, mask and gloves.
Store at room temperature. Do not store pastes above 77°F (25°C). Keep out of direct sunlight. Close cap immediately after use to avoid moisture loss.
Lot Number and Expiration Date
The lot number should be quoted in all correspondences which requires identification of the product. Do not use after the expiration date. Rev. 6/13