Colgate® Total® Toothpaste
One of the most extensively tested and researched toothpastes in the world
Sodium Fluoride 0.32% w/w – Anti-cavity, Triclosan 0.3% Anti-gingivitis
Water, Hydrated Silica, Glycerin, Sorbitol, PVM/MA Copolymer, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Flavor, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, Carrageenan, Sodium Fluoride, Sodium Saccharin,Triclosan, CI 77891.
Unlike ordinary toothpastes* Colgate Total® adheres to hard and soft tissue for whole mouth protection†. Ordinary anticavity toothpastes only protect the hard tissue, which is 20% of the mouth1. 80% of the mouth is soft tissue1. Bacteria develop on soft tissue surfaces, and can act as a reservoir to start recolonizing teeth and gums right after toothbrushing.
* Defined as non-antibacterial fluoride toothpaste.
† Defined as fluoride for cavity protection, plus 12-hour antibacterial protection against gingivitis.
1. Amornchat C, Kraivaphan P, Triratana T. Mahidol Dent J. 2004:24:103-111.
Whole mouth antimicrobial effects after oral hygiene: comparison of three dentifrice formulations.
Fine DH, Sreenivasan PK, McKiernan M, Tischio-Bereski D, Furgang D.
For all 4 oral sites and 6 organisms evaluated in each site, the TCN/C demonstrated significant reductions (49%-83%) as compared with the other treatments (p < 0.01). The SnF (2)/SHMP group showed significant reductions of 14%-43% for 14 of 24 outcomes as compared with the NaF group (p < 0.01), with no differences in 10 outcomes.
CONCLUSIONS: The TCN/C dentifrice formulation consistently demonstrated significant reductions for a range of microorganisms in diverse oral sites in comparison with the NaF, or the SnF(2)/SHMP dentifrice formulations as seen 12 h after brushing.
- Colgate® Sensitive Pro-Relief™ Repair & Prevent Toothpaste
- Colgate® Sensitive Pro-Relief™ Enamel Repair Toothpaste
- Colgate® Sensitive Pro-Relief™ Gum Care Toothpaste
- Colgate® Sensitive Pro-Relief™ +Whitening Toothpaste
- Colgate® Sensitive Pro-Relief™ Multi-Protection Toothpaste